Karatu is a district in the Arusha region of Tanzania and the small town of Karatu perfectly displays the cultures of the region. It’s a great place to stop when you need a short break from searching for wildlife on safari drives and when you would like to vary your activities in Tanzania.
- Town tours visiting the local marketplace and brick-making sites
- Visiting the fascinating coffee plantations
- Trying out the local beer at the town’s brewery
- Taking a peek inside the traditional Iraqw homes
- Finding waterfalls and elephant caves in the Ngorongoro forest highlands
- Excellent base for many nearby attractions
- Plenty of time for relaxation at luxury lodges