The Ngorongoro Conservation Area, that includes the famous and gigantic Ngorongoro Crater, is the flagship of the tourism industry in Tanzania. Hundreds of thousands of visitors flock annually to this recently declared UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Ngorongoro Conservation Area has some of the highest concentrations of large mammals, including predators, in Africa, and is the only place in the world that supports human communities living in harmony alongside wildlife.
Highlights of visiting the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Fantastic wildlife sightings in the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Meeting the local Maasai people.
- The Olduvai Gorge and museum.
- Breathtakingly beautiful gorges, craters and lakes beyond the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Excellent walking safaris.
- Luxury lodge accommodation.
- Many nearby attractions.